Window Installation in St Louis Park MN|Bay Window Pros and Cons
Are you looking into adding a gorgeous bay window to your home this spring? A Pane in The Glass Construction knows all about bay windows and we are here to help you! Below are a few pros and cons we threw together to help you learn more about the options you have with bay windows.
Bay Window Pros
- More Space – Bay Windows stick out from the walls of your home providing more space for things or people. You can place cushions on some for a nice and sunny reading nook, place family photos and decorations on them, or even place some plants and flowers in the sill. Bay windows can make a cramped room feel much larger and open.
- Great Views – Larger window mean more views, that’s always a win!
- Curb Appeal – Bay windows can make your windows stand out from the rest, literally. These designs can add style and break up a boring and flat wall on a home. The added curb appeal will definitely draw attention for potential buyers too.
- More Light – Bay Windows allow more light into a room, so rooms feel bright and sunny and can even cut down the need for lighting within the room.
- Light without the heat – Bay windows have side window panes that can be opened to allow fresh air into the room during the summer months, allowing the room to be cooled even with the added sunlight. Of course, modern bay windows are very energy efficient so they will keep the heat out and the heat in depending on the season here in Minnesota.
Bay Window Cons
- Structural stress – Bay windows stick out from the frame of the wall, which paired with the weight of decorations, plants, or seating, can cause stress on the studs in the wall over time. It is vital to have your bay windows professionally installed to ensure the framing and seals are properly installed to handle the added stress.
- Higher Costs – Bay windows cost more than standard sliding windows, casement windows, and picture windows due to the complexity of the extra panes and angles of the windows that stick out. They are also complex to install and require expert window installation.
Window Installation in St Louis Park MN|Get your Bay Windows today!
If you are ready to jump in and update your home with bay windows, give A Pane in the Glass a call! Our window installation experts here in the Twin Cities can ensure you have bright, stylish, and strong bay windows to enjoy in your MN home for years to come! Contact us today to schedule an appointment to discover how we can help your siding, roofing, or door and window installation service needs. Call us to set up an appointment at (651) 329-4815. Check out our pages on Angie’s List, BBB and Houzz to read reviews from our valued customers like you! Don’t hesitate to call A Pane In the Glass Construction – your window replacement contractor for Door and Window Installation in St Louis Park MN.
Window Installation in St Louis Park MN | We offer expert window and door replacement services throughout the Twin Cities.
Minneapolis | Roseville | St Paul | Coon Rapids | Brooklyn Park | Minnetonka | Edina | Woodbury | Lakeville | Eden Prairie | Fridley | Maplewood | Shoreview | Arden Hills | Mounds View | Maple Grove | Shakopee | Chanhassen | Rogers | Plymouth | Golden Valley | Victoria | Champlin | Chaska | Prior Lake | Savage | Hopkins | Andover | St Louis Park | New Brighton | Apple Valley | Burnsville | Ramsey | Anoka | Crystal | Ham Lake | Bloomington | Blaine | New Hope | Richfield | Spring Lake Park | Columbia Heights | Brooklyn Center | Eagan | Little Canada | Hastings | Mendota Heights| Oakdale| Vadnais Heights | White Bear Lake | Stillwater | Centerville | Falcon Heights | Forest Lake | Gem Lake | Hugo | Lino Lakes | Lauderdale | Mahtomedi | North Oaks | Wyoming | Hudson | Lake Elmo | Grant| Bayport | Newport | Pine Springs | Inver Grove Heights | Rosemount | Orono | St Cloud | St Anthony | St Michael | Wayzata | Twin Cities | Excelsior