Replacement Window Companies in Minneapolis | When to replace siding?
Once you own a home, the to do list just keeps growing. There seems to be no end to it. Some of us like to take up Do-It-Yourself projects in and around our homes as a hobby, while some of us think it’s not worth the time and effort. In either scenario, many homeowners tend to overlook some of the not-so-fun activities, yet very important for the home, such as siding. Most people wonder how can one tell if the siding needs to be replaced? At A Pane In The Glass Construction, we love to give tips so our customers so they know exactly when the right time is to replace their siding.
Replacement Window Companies in Minneapolis | 5 signs your home needs new siding
- Warping: Look for significant signs of strain on your exterior walls. If there is warped siding, use a sharp tool such as a screwdriver to poke in to check the quality of the underlying layers. And if you discover that it is soft or rotting, it’s time to replace it for sure.
- Holes and bubbles: Although some wear and tear is common, most good quality siding will last you at least a decade and you wouldn’t need to paint it every so often. Keep an eye for holes because this could mean that the siding is infested by insects or bugs. Moreover, these holes will draw in moisture, leading to decomposition and severe repairing costs in the future. Similarly, bubbles are formed due to trapped moisture, and you definitely don’t want that.
- Cracks in siding or loose siding: While it is alright to ignore minor cracks, you shouldn’t overlook major ones. If the cracks are all in one area, you might want to inspect that area to ensure that the siding isn’t rotting. Loose siding causes air to escape, which defeats the purpose of insulation siding.
- Fading: Over the years, it is possible that you’ll notice that the siding has faded. Depending on the degree and time since it has been installed or repaired last, it is in your best interest to check if the waterproofing on your siding is still intact.
- Interior walls deteriorating: If the wallpaper near your siding is starting to peel off or the paint on your walls for that matter, it might be time to replace your siding or at least have it looked at to ensure its cause.
If your Minneapolis home is showing any of these signs, reach out to us at your earliest convenience and we will provide you the best siding service. We are experts at Vinyl Siding and James Hardie® Siding, and specialize in replacement windows and door installations. You can call us at 651 329 4815 or find us on Social media sites like Facebook. Let’s get those sidings fixed before the chilly winter hits Minnesota!
Replacement Window Companies in Minneapolis | Call a Pane in The Glass Construction today for a quote.
Minneapolis | Roseville | St Paul | Coon Rapids | Brooklyn Park | Minnetonka | Edina |