Here are a few questions you should ask yourself when deciding if it is time to replace your windows. If any of these apply to your home, it might be time to give A Pane In The Glass Construction a call for Professional Window Installation in St Paul MN.
Window Installation in St Paul MN| 7 Questions to ask yourself if it is time for new windows
- Do you have Crank-Operated Windows?
- Many homes built in the past 50 years have crank-operated windows. If you house has these types of windows, but it requires a lot of force to crank or the window does not open at all, the gears inside may be worn out and the whole window will need to be replaced.
- Did a new coat of paint seal up the window?
- Years ago St Paul MN homeowners would sometimes paint or seal off the edges of windows to improve drafts, but this can become both a hazard and a nuisance. Not only are you now prevented from using the windows for a cool breeze on a hot day, it can become downright dangerous should there be an emergency and you cannot open the window. If your windows cannot be opened as designed, it is time for replacement.
- Do you have to “Jerry rig” your windows open or shut?
- Windows that require extraordinary means to keep them open or closed can also be a danger. Not only is it inconvenient to have to prop the window open or closed, it can be dangerous for little kids who can either accidentally close a window on their fingers, but also can allow them to open a window that will not lock. Not to mention, it is harder to keep any unwanted visitors out without properly secured windows. Having new windows installed will give you peace of mind for you and your family.
- Do you have plastic over your windows?
- If fall is the time of year where you need to pull out some of that ugly plastic to cover the windows to prevent cold drafts over the winter, it is definitely a sign your windows are not efficiently insulated and should be replaced.
- Do your windows frost over in winter?
- Frost on your windows is a sign of either a leak between multiple panes of glass or a sign of a very old window. Older homes has a single pane of glass in their windows, which does not allow for good insulation, which leads to frost forming. If your Saint Paul MN home has double pane glass and you still gets tons of frost, it might be time for repair or replacement as there is no longer a barrier between the panes.
- Is your neighbor’s dog waking you up every morning?
- If you can hear that dog barking every morning as if it was right next to you in bed, it might be time for some better windows. Not only do windows keep the temperatures in your home regulated, they can also regulate the sounds that make it into your St Paul MN home. A good set of windows properly installed can keep the noise out of your home.
- Do you have signs of wear on your window jambs, sills, and frames?
- Generally you would want to replace a window if the glass were to crack or shatter, but what about the other parts of the window? If you are seeing cracks, gouges, mold, or bubbled paint around your window jambs, sills, or frame, it is definitely time to call A Pane in the Glass for new windows.
Window Installation in St Paul MN | Call Us For All Your Exterior Remodeling Needs!
A Pane In The Glass Construction is here to help you replace your worn-out, drafty, broken, or “Jerry rigged” windows, doors, siding, and roofing. Having window installation experts on your side to ensure you have the best window replacement, window repair and professionally installed windows is the best way to solve all of the issues listed above. Don’t sacrifice your money, time, or peace of mind on old windows, give A Pane In The Glass Construction a call today. Please call us at (651) 329-4815 or check out our pages on Angie’s List, BBB and Houzz to read reviews from our valued customers! See for yourself how we can add value to your home and lower you energy costs. Don’t hesitate to call A Pane In the Glass Construction – your source for Window Installation in St Paul, MN.
Window Installation in St Paul MN | Our Professional Windows, Doors and Siding Installation Services are available in the following Minnesota cities:
Minneapolis | Roseville | St Paul | Coon Rapids | Brooklyn Park | Minnetonka | Edina | Woodbury | Lakeville | Eden Prairie | Fridley | Maplewood | Shoreview | Arden Hills | Mounds View | Maple Grove | Shakopee | Chanhassen | Rogers | Plymouth | Golden Valley | Victoria | Champlin | Chaska | Prior Lake | Savage | Hopkins | Andover | St Louis Park | New Brighton | Apple Valley | Burnsville | Ramsey | Anoka | Crystal | Ham Lake | Bloomington | Blaine | New Hope | Richfield | Spring Lake Park | Columbia Heights | Brooklyn Center | Eagan | Little Canada | Hastings |Mendota Heights| Oakdale| Vadnais Heights | White Bear Lake | Stillwater | Centerville | Falcon Heights | Forest Lake | Gem Lake | Hugo | Lino Lakes | Lauderdale | Mahtomedi | North Oaks | Wyoming | Hudson | Lake Elmo | Grant| Bayport | Newport | Pine Springs | Inver Grove Heights | Rosemount | Orono | St Cloud | St Anthony | St Michael | Wayzata | Twin Cities | Excelsior | Oakdale